Monday, July 17, 2006

Profound, isn't it?

And isn't that to an extent why we write these blogs? To somehow show people that we have something to say to be worthy of our readership?

Maybe I can say something profound. Maybe I can impress people with my word choice, with some new insight that they had never considered. Or the ultimate accomplishment--maybe I will say something so profound that it would actually cause them to add me to their links list!

I am not endeavoring to be profound. Honestly, I can't. Profound has already been done, and it won't be matched. Profound is when I try to understand God's love in terms of the cross. Profound is grace.

So there you have it--simply stated, but in Him, profoundly accomplished.
Him be praised.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THAT was profound. :) JG

Noah said...

Indeed. There's a song that expresses it this way:

Those were my nails
That was my crown
That pierced Your hand
and Your brow
Those were my thorns
Those were my scorns
Those were my tears
That fell down
and just as You said it would be
You did it all for me
And after You counted the cost
You took my shame, my blame
On my cross

May we never forget the great sacrifice of our Great Savior.

BTW, Mrs. Schaumberg told me that you were staying with her, rather than dorm suping. That's kind of sad to hear that you won't be doing that. I know you were a great blessing to many of the girls there. Who is taking your place? Who are any of the dorm sups, for that matter (besides Cochran and wife)?