Friday, January 26, 2007

John 6

verse 2--And a large crowd was following Him, because they saw the signs that He was doing.

The Lord is my Shepherd.

verse 9--There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are they for so many?

I shall not want.

verse 10--Jesus said, "Have the people sit down," Now there was much grass in the place.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.

verse 18--The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing.

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

verse 20--But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid."

He restoreth my soul.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

from everlasting to everlasting He is God

weedeater said...

Great parallels...never thought about it that way before. I like it.

Noah said...

David Cochran, when he preached at my church last spring, brought out this thought from that passage: "When Christ says, 'It is I', the literal reading of the Greek is 'Be not afraid; I AM.'"