Friday, July 27, 2007

Purpose

I crave purpose.
I want to do something
to be something
to mean something.

I want to rise to the expetations others have imagined for me
To recieve the nod of approval, acceptance
And to know somehow it's enough.

I want to look back on previous years without regret
And towards the future with anticipation.

I want to leave a legacy in flesh and bone.
I want to create a masterpiece that breathes.
I want to touch a life that in time will touch another and in so doing, fulfill a purpose that never dies.

2 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

You DO have purpose. You touch the lives of many people all around you. You've touched my life many times. You're usually the first person I go to when I need someone to talk to. You're still young and will have many opportunities to do things with your life. And you're so talented, you have a lot to offer. Mbi ndoye mo mingui mingui, ita ti mbi!

2Crazzie4U said...

This is a very good poem Heather. There are many people who feel left out- but they are not left out at all. They just are not opening their eyes and seeing that they are the one who are in. What a blessing it is to see someone's life being touched by our life. Sometimes we touch people's heart and life without even knowing it. You indeed have touched my life and are very encouraging, even with just a smile or by saying hi to me as we pass. Besides- why would God make you if you do not have a purpose? That's just silly talk there! Because He made each one of us with a purpose, even if we don't know what it is. {I too need to remember this, because I often don't believe this in my life at times} May you have a wonderful and a blessed day! I love ya girlie- with the love of the Lord!