Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Done List

Yes, I have a list too. I'm constantly adding to the list: Things to do before I die. I'm a huge advocate for putting check marks on my list. I like to dream big, but I like to see things move from I wish into reality. I don't list the impossibles. Going to the moon is not on my list, neither is running for office in a presidential election. I'll never have the satisfaction of checking them off, and that would just depress me.

I'm not posting my Things To Do list. Maybe another time. Maybe not. This is my Things Done List. And there is already a beautiful check mark by each of them.

  • Taking a canoe down an African river
  • Climbing the Eiffel Tower (3 times)

  • Hiking in the Swiss Alps


  • Eating snake

  • Kissing the Blarney Stone
  • Climbing an active volcano
  • Observing a surgery in a third world country
  • Helping deliver a calf
  • Bottle feeding a lamb in the Pyrenees Mountains
  • Seeing the original Mona Lisa
  • Diving off the side of a schooner into the Carribean
  • Seeing the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean
  • Snorkeling under the "Pirates be warned" rock
  • Sleeping in a jungle
  • Listening to a stalactites pipe organ
  • Touring the Palace of Versailles
  • Skydiving

6 comments:

Rambling Rose said...

Where did you get the pictures of us in Europe? I want copies. I really enjoyed this post, especially since I've done most of those things too. :)

Heather said...

Most...next time I'll take you skydiving. :)

Rambling Rose said...

ok...I'm willing to try skydiving. :)

kathryn said...

hey call me sometime i miss you!

cassiopeiarl said...

I must say. Your Things Done list is pretty amazing. And enviable.

Heather said...

You should see the list of "ordinary" things that make up my to do list.