Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter. Traditions and Tragedies

Something new: I wanted to go Easter Caroling this year. It didn't work out. I'll try again next year.

A few years ago, I found a green egg in one of my grandmother's african violets--a real egg, mind you. I actually remember putting it there. Scary thing is, I haven't done an egg hunt there since I was a kid. Guess they don't start smelling till they're cracked.

This is the first year in a while having an Easter with a kid around. So I was pretty excited about hiding the eggs--all 95 of them. I had 40 boiled and 55 plastic. Valinda suggested I write a list of where I was hiding all the eggs at least for the real eggs. Now my sister and I are very different. Valinda is one who writes lists and rough drafts for her lists and somewhere on her rough draft she writes "rewrite list." Naturally, I respect her organization, but I like short cuts. I wasn't going to write a list. I would remember. I had a pretty good memory.

I've been out of school for a little while and unfortunatly memory of intelligence and actual intelligence are two different things. I should have made a list.

We found 54 plastic eggs and 37 real eggs. I should have made a list
I did recall my best hid eggs. One locked in my lock box designed to look like a Standard English Dictionary. The other buried under my potted braided palm.

2 comments:

weedthough said...

We DID end up finding the rest of them...:)

2Crazzie4U said...

LOL..

My mom told me a silly Easter story.. She had told Joy that we can dye the eggs on the top shelve and not to use the eggs on the bottom... So we got into a dye-happy time- that Joy asked me if that was all the eggs... "nope.. these ones here on the bottom shelve haven't been dyed yet"... We did found all the eggs- but when we opened the eggs, we had to do it over the sink untill we found those raw-eggs.

-i don't remember it.. but sounds like something i would do.. LOL

Lesson: Things always happen during Easter!! LOL