Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Lord, I trust you with yesterday. Looking back, I can see how your hand worked. Even in past valleys Lord, I can trust. I can see why you allowed the pain, the heartache. It had to be there. You had better things in store for me, but I needed to cross the valleys to reach the highlands. Your plan is evident. Your purpose is good. I can see what you were doing, and I trust you. With all my heart I trust you.

Lord, I trust you with today. Surrounded on every side by your blessings, I am confident that you are good. You are in control. You give good gifts. You have my best interests in mind. I begin counting my blessings, and I cannot stop. I am overwhelmed. I can see what you are doing, and I trust you. With all my heart, I trust you.

Lord, I cannot trust you with tomorrow. After all, it may not be what I have planned. It may not be as full of riches and blessings as today. You may not work the same way you did yesterday. So, you can have yesterday. You can have today. But tomorrow is mine. I just don’t know if I can trust you.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you Katy, you are a blessing.

Rebecca's Corner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca's Corner said...

Heather, as I am learning to give Him my tommorow, I found this verse, cross referenced in Philippians 1:6. Psalms 138:8, "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands." In the notes, it says: A concluding prayer that the faithfulness of God celebrated here will truly endure forever. Thank you for your thought provoking post.